Bank of Mum and Dad
If a family member is able to help out with the purchase of your first home, we'll thank them with a gift of £2,000.*
|Our new Bank of Mum & Dad scheme means that if you're a first-time buyer and your parent or family member contributes 5% or more of the purchase price of your home**, they'll receive a thank you from us after completion.|
How does it work?
1. To be eligible for the scheme you must be a first-time buyer, and a parent or family member must gift a minimum of 5% of the purchase price of your new home, with proof that they have done so.
2. Speak to the sales team at your chosen development to find out if you are able to use the scheme on your dream home.
3. If you are, they'll put you in touch with one of our recommended specialist financial advisors to discuss your mortgage options.
4. After completion, we'll gift your family member £2,000 to say thank you for their help.
* Amount may vary between developments
** Offer applies on selected plots only
Bank of Mum & Dad Terms and Conditions
- This offer is available on selected developments and plots only, subject to status and availability.
- This offer is available to first time buyers only.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Charles Church offer.
- This offer is not available on Buy to Let property purchases.
- A gift letter stipulating that the gift is not repayable, and no interest is being charged will be required by lenders.
- Bank or savings account statements might be required to demonstrate proof of funds.
- Funds being transferred to an account in the United Kingdom from overseas might be subject to additional checks and allowable currency limits.
- The gifted funds will need to be accessible and transferable to the Solicitor acting on behalf of the purchaser.
- The gifted amount may be subject to Inheritance Tax within the parent’s estate on death depending on circumstances.
- Purchasers must meet the lender’s mortgage eligibility criteria.
- Legal completion must take place on or before the date agreed at the time of reservation.
- Charles Church reserve the right to withdraw or alter the terms of this offer at any time prior to payment of a reservation fee.