Introduction to a boiler
When you move into your new Charles Church, it's natural to have a range of questions about your new home and its heating system.
Our heating systems differ across developments. Your site team will know what type you have and can provide specific details.
Here are some general points to bear in mind:
- Most radiators have a Thermostatic Radiator Valve (TRV) - this works by reading the air around it.
- If you cover the TRV with towels or curtains the radiator will not function effectively.
- The frost setting will automatically cut in when the room temperature falls below 8 degrees provided the boiler is operating.
- The rooms where the thermostat is located won’t have a thermostatic radiator valve, as this radiator is a control radiator.
- There may be duel heating zones, one upstairs and one downstairs, to give you more control of the heating.
- A three-storey house may have a thermostat on each floor. Always speak to your site management team for guidance on your specific system.
Warranty peace of mind
Feel secure in the knowledge that our homes come with a two-year Charles Church warranty and in years three to 10 you’re covered by an NHBC/LABC warranty. Warranties on appliances can be set up straight away and registered directly with the manufacturer. Remember to service your boiler before the end of the first 12 months to maintain the second year of your warranty.
Our sales team is on hand via email or phone to help you, and our customer care team is available to offer support during and after your settling in period.
Our commitment to you
From the moment you reserve your new Charles Church, we do our best to make the experience enjoyable and informative every step of the way; not just while you're buying, but after you've moved in too. Read our pre-move and after-sales pledge to find out more.