A guide to choosing the right offer when you buy a new home
We know that every one of our buyers is different, from first time buyers to those seeking more space for a family, and from those with smaller to deposits to those with homes to sell. Here’s a guide to finding out which of our offers could be right for you.
First time buyers
Are you ready to take your first step onto the housing ladder? If you’re a first time buyer, we operate buying schemes that could be perfect for you.
First Homes is a Government scheme specifically for first time buyers, through which selected new build homes are offered at a 30% discount, with priority given to local people and key workers depending on the rules set out by the local authority the development is in.
Or, have you considered Bank of Mum and Dad? This scheme is a great option if you have a parent or family member who’s able to help out with your first home purchase. If they gift you a minimum of 5% of the purchase price of your new home, we’ll thank them with a gift of £2,000.
Buying schemes aren’t limited to first time buyers – we know that selling your home and purchasing a new house can be a stressful experience, not to mention expensive. That’s why we operate schemes that could be ideal if you’re moving from your current home into a Charles Church new build.
With Part Exchange, we’ll buy your home, leaving you free to go ahead and purchase your new Persimmon home. We’ll organise the sale of your home from start to finish, including agreeing a fair price and appointing estate agents so you don’t have to. No fees, no hassle, and no chain to hold up your move.
Then there’s Home Change, a similar proposition where the difference is that we’ll help facilitate the marketing of your existing home to find you a buyer, and then manage the sale, rather than buying the property ourselves. It’s another great option that takes the additional cost and stress out of moving.
One of the biggest obstacles facing would-be home buyers right now, including first time buyers and existing homeowners, is the difficulty in pulling together a big enough deposit to secure a home. If this sounds like you, we have schemes designed to tackle exactly this issue.
Deposit Unlock is a mortgage guarantee product developed in collaboration with the HBF that allows you to buy a new home with a deposit of just 5% up to the value of £750,000. Meanwhile, Own New is a similar scheme in which Charles Church works with mortgage lenders and investment banks to provide mortgages of up to 95%.
Already have a 10% deposit? Consider Deposit Boost. Using this scheme, if you’ve saved a 10% deposit for a Persimmon home, we could boost it by providing an additional 5%, giving you a total deposit of 15% - meaning you won’t need to borrow as much, and you might be able to secure a more favourable rate.
Beat the crowds
Last but not least, you could have everything in place to buy your new home – deposit saved up, sale agreed on any existing properties – but you just want a bit more reassurance that you’ll be able to secure your dream home without a hitch.
In that case, the Early Bird scheme could be for you. If you’ve already chosen a development and have your heart set on a particular plot, an Early Bird reservation means that when we release the plot for sale you’ll be first in line to reserve it before it’s available to the general public.
Perhaps you’ve spotted a plot with your ideal garden, direct access to a footpath, or within eyeshot of the local playground. We’ll provide you with a guide price, after which you can pay a £100 refundable reservation fee to secure your home before it’s released for sale.
All offers are available on selected plots only. For individual scheme T&Cs, visit the full pages on our website.