An extra storey makes all the difference
26 September 2014
Choosing the right new build house can be a mind boggling experience for many who are trying to balance what they need, what they want and what they can afford.
With almost 20 years’ experience in selling new build property, Charles Church South Midland’s sales and marketing director, Alastair Parsons, explains why a 3-storey house could potentially unlock another level of flexible living space.
He said: “Buying a home tops the list of the most important and expensive decisions that people make in life so getting it right is critical. To make the decision easier we have developed a range of 3-storey properties that offer the space and flexibility that buyers are looking for at a price that they can afford.”
Alastair’s top 5 reasons to move up to a 3 storey house are:
- Families with teenagers. Anyone with teenage children will understand the dilemma – they need privacy in the safety of the family home. The top floor of a 3-storey property is perfect for teenagers who crave space to call their own. With 2 double bedrooms and a separate bathroom the space has the potential to become a teenage sanctuary.
- Large families looking to spread out over 3 floors will appreciate the flexibility of a layout with an open kitchen and dining area, a separate living room, 5 spacious bedrooms, 2 en-suites and a family bathroom. For elderly relatives the ground floor rooms can be easily converted into a bedroom.
- With more and more professionals working from home, a three-storey layout is the perfect solution for setting up and office in the home. The top floor is ideal, away from the family one of the two bedrooms could easily be converted into a quiet haven for work.
- Blended families will also appreciate the extra space offered by a 3-story house. Many families now consist of divorced parents who have children from previous marriages and regular visits from step-siblings at weekends. The additional bedrooms and bathrooms available can accommodate the needs of this type of extended family without the feeling that everyone is living on top of one another.
- Increasing numbers of friends and professionals are choosing to get onto the first rung of the property ladder by purchasing a home together. The growing trend limits the risk and individual mortgage payment required per person each month.
By opting for a 3-story house each person could potentially have a self-contained section or floor of the house giving them the privacy and space that they are looking for.
Perfectly located within the upmarket suburb that is Edgbaston, Arden Grange offers a wide range of three, four, five and six bedroom homes in a range of 2 and 3-storey designs ideal for growing families and those looking for more space from just £309,995.*
Charles Church has established an enviable reputation for building high-quality homes to suit all lifestyles in both rural and city centre locations. Its homes encompass traditional designs reflecting the prevailing local architecture, but also embrace contemporary and exciting architectural styles.
* Prices correct at time of going to press