*We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies.
More info
Charles Church

Pilot flies high at Friary Grange

05 February 2021

When pilot Nicholas Partridge needed a home near Bristol airport, he feared his lack of deposit would put a stop to his hopes of buying. However, thanks to Charles Church South West and its Government-backed HomeBuy Direct scheme, he is now the proud owner of a fantastic four bedroom detached property at the housebuilder’s Friary Grange development in Bridgwater.

Nicholas, 32 from Seaton in Devon, worked hard to achieve his dream job, but he didn’t realise buying his perfect home would be so much easier. Charles Church South West prides itself on making moving house as simple as possible, so when Nicholas visited the development on Taunton Road without a deposit, the sales team was only too happy to help, and what’s more, they offered him the option of HomeBuy Direct.

Charles Church offer the Government’s HomeBuy Direct scheme on selected plots at Friary Grange, which assists households that earn less than £60,000, who can not otherwise afford to purchase a suitable property unassisted on the open market, to buy a home.

The scheme meant that Nicholas was required to raise just 70 per cent of the purchase price with a home buyer’s mortgage, which he could do with ease. The remaining 30 per cent was then made up by an equity loan, co-funded by the Government and Charles Church.

“We both realise and understand the significant difficulties many buyers are facing in getting a foothold on the property ladder, which is why we’ve taken decisive action to help those who are unable to buy on the open market without assistance,” comments Annie Boardman, field sales manager for Charles Church South West.

“When customers such as Mr Partridge come to us, we like to offer a range of solutions that enable them to buy their dream home. Many people don’t realise that we run these schemes, and are surprised when they find out what a wonderful property they can get for their money.”

Nicholas chose one of the stunning Cherhill properties and hasn’t looked back since. He comments: “Without the help of Charles Church and the HomeBuy Direct scheme, I wouldn’t have been able to buy a property at all. Despite being able to raise the mortgage, I had no cash deposit to put down. Not only have I now purchased a home, but it is more than I could ever have dreamed of. The house is absolutely stunning and living this close to the M5 makes commuting to Bristol airport easy.

“The buying process was really simple and straightforward and the Charles Church South West sales team were extremely helpful. I’d recommend Charles Church and HomeBuy Direct to anyone looking to buy a wonderful home.”

The Cherhill property is a grand four bedroom detached house with double garage and large garden. The entrance of the property opens into a large square hallway which has doors to a lounge, dinning room, kitchen, study and downstairs WC. French-doors from the lounge open out onto the patio and garden area and the kitchen boasts a separate utility room with exit to the rear of the house. The stairs lead up to the four large and airy double bedrooms and stunning family bathroom and the master bedroom is home to not only a beautifully designed en-suite but also has an aspirational walk in wardrobe.

The HomeBuy Direct incentive is available on a range of homes at Friary Grange, including the three bedroom Berkshire, priced at £152,995 and the four bedroom Pine townhouse available from £189,995 as well as the desirable Cherhill.

Ideal for nature-lovers, Friary Grange is situated in a stunning spot to the south of the historic town of Bridgwater, with plenty of open space and parkland nearby and perfect for exploring the nearby Quantock Hills and Somerset Levels. Amenities are good with Bridgwater offering local produce, next to a mix of high street stores. Located just off the A38, the development is just a few minutes from the M5 motorway making it an excellent location for commuting.

For further information on the range of properties available at Friary Grange under the HomeBuy Direct scheme, please call the marketing suite on 01278 661563, open Thursday to Monday from 10.30am to 5.00pm. Alternatively, visit charleschurch.com

Select Options

Add Select Options to your Charles Church home.

Showcase Your Style

Why not share your own photos on Instagram using #charleschurchlife for a chance to win a £100 Next voucher. Visit our Facebook page for terms and conditions.

#charleschurchlife